Hi, I’m Onjel (pronounced ahn-jel)
I’m a self-proclaimed doer of things. An introverted extrovert. An optimist. A part-time risk taker and forever learner.
My main areas of expertise (according to my resume) are customer services, money, and getting things done (aka virtual assistance).
In 2015, I decided life was about much more than just a resume and decided to pursue one of my long-term goals. In 2016, I moved to Japan.
Since moving, I’ve grown much more as a person than I could have back home. Now, I’m ready for my next big move (as soon as I figure it out). I just know that whatever it is, has to align with my values:
- Passion over money – money can’t motivate you forever if you hate what you do
- Build meaningful relationships – quality over quantity is now a priority to me
- Be yourself at all times – being authentic is the only way to build those meaningful relationships and find your “tribe”
- Stay curious – Always be willing to learn new things and more about “old” things too
- Be determined, but flexible –Stick with something to the very end, but be open to new ways of viewing things or changing the plan as well
More About Me:
I make my own vanilla extract.
I’m from Staten Island, NY and have a love/hate relationship with saying yes to the things that strike a little fear in my heart. That’s how I ended up in Japan.
You can find me taste testing fruit tarts and learning new things in my spare time.
When it comes to my work, I am driven, reliable, and I love what I do.
I’m available for freelance work. Go ahead and click here to see what I can do for you.